Geotechnical Staff Engineer
NGE, a geotechnical and environmental engineering firm, has an opening in their geotechnical practice in the Charleston, WV, area office for a geotechnical staff engineer.
As a staff or project engineer in our geotechnical practice, you will primarily support our experienced engineers through various tasks. Since NGE has its own drill rigs, staff, and soils laboratory, you will gain unique experience in the geotechnical field through a combination of office, field, and laboratory work. A summary of typical duties associated with this position is provided below.
- Analyze data and perform engineering calculations under the direction of a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Assist with geotechnical report writing
- Perform basic AutoCAD drafting
- Interact with staff and clients to drive successful project completion
- Visit sites before and during active projects
- Conduct field observations and logging of test borings and test pits
- Complete site reconnaissance to locate existing landslides, springs, and other geological hazards
- Conduct construction inspection work, including concrete testing and compaction testing
- Work in the field with our in-house drill rigs and staff
- Complete soils lab testing, including Atterberg limits, direct shear testing, standard Procter moisture density, and grain size analysis
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- An accredited engineering or technology bachelor’s degree with a civil engineering focus
- 0-3 years of engineering experience
- EIT preferred but not required (NGE will support your pursuit of professional certifications)
- AutoCAD classes (AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Availability to travel
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Agree to a background check and drug screening (pre-employment and random)
When you become a part of the NGE family, you are joining an organization that highly values its employees and clients. While being part of our top-notch engineering firm requires hard work and dedication, there are also REWARDS. NGE is small enough for you to feel the impact you make but with benefits and work products that are comparable or superior to much larger firms. As an employee-owner, you have the ability to directly impact the value of the company and the price of NGE stock issued to eligible employees through our ESOP plan.
NGE’s Core Values:
- Family Atmosphere – not only are our employees’ OWNERS, but they are also FAMILY
- Superior Technical Skills – We are known as the experts in our field
- Utmost Ethics and Morals – at NGE, we always do the right thing and we have earned an outstanding reputation in the industry
Not only will you be an employee-owner at NGE, but you will also receive unparalleled benefits including 401 (K) match, medical, dental, and vision benefits, $50K basic life, LTD, STD, paid holidays, and three weeks of paid time off.
Salary Range: $50K to $65K depending on experience.
NGE provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you ready to join our team?
To apply email your resume to Mike Frame and answer the following questions in the body of the email.
- Why do you think you are a good fit for NGE?
- What interests you about geotechnical engineering?